Chief Data Scientist
The demands on creators, businesses and brands to communicate, respond to and generally excel at social media are increasing. Data will play a huge role in the overall product strategy and development of the Sens.ai platform and services. We are therefore hiring our first Chief Data Scientist who will report directly to the COO and work closely with the product team. This is a unique opportunity to lead the design and build of innovative data science solutions that will drive our business and product offering forwards.
- Help to identify, build out and deliver the Sens.ai ground-breaking technology and service for end users
- Develop a strategic roadmap for data science and analytics to meet the objectives of the business
- Collaborate with our UX developers, design team and back-end crew to develop and enhance the quality of the Sens.ai platform
- Work closely with our product team to ensure technical feasibility of the product vision
- Utilize and integrate a variety of internal and external data sources to develop and refine the Sensi.ai system
- Research and develop algorithms and methods for delivering product KPIs
- Research and understand audience behavior on social media to generate actionable feedback for the user based on user goals
- Identify and create cohorts among users based on music genres, type of followers, geography, and other attributes
- Identity and create categories specific to the industry. Such as “pre-show”, “new release”, “general update”, “book tour”, and so on.
- Develop data science experiements to evaluate what posts work with some information as to why (content, type of image, etc.)
- Develop data science experiements to determine which fans are the most influential and their ease of interaction, possibly how to best interact with them (DM on Twitter or Tag in a Facebook post, etc.)
- Provide analytical estimates of posts impact (before release)
- Predict half-life of fads. Estimate when has a subject or type of post peaked
- Develop analytical methods to Identify social activities that are going viral
- Look at post impact based on date & time to provide suggestions on optimal time based on content type and platform(s) being used
- Introduce product placement and native advertising (as an option) for our customer base
- Develop analytics to predict demand for shows (i.e. which venue and when) and optimize ticket pricing
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong data science background and proficient in Python, R or other programing lanaguage.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing libraries such as NLTK, Gensim, etc.
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as SciKit-Learn, Theano, Tensorflow, etc.
- Previous experience or strong working knowledge of digital and social media and the APIs from the major platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience workwing with dabatasese such as PostGres, MongoDB, MySql.
- Experience with VizQL lanaguage such as Tableau.
- Experience with time-series analysis.
- Hands-on experience of working in an early stage start-up environment.
- Experience with supporting strategies for customer acquisition.
- Comfortable making decisions and communicating within a small team.
- Ability to meet realistic (but aggressive) deadlines and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to be part of the development of a revolutionary new concept.
- You’re a social/digital native with 1-2 years community management and strategy experience looking to play a pivotal role in the launch of a first-of-it’s-kind social technology platform.
- You have hands-on experience creating content, executing strategy and pivoting based on analytics (+ the latest algorithms & cultural trends) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, et. al.
- You’re a skilled writer and analytic thinker who understands how to be authentic while building and engaging audiences in the music and entertainment industries.
- You’re comfortable utilizing social analytics to develop daily, personalized social recommendations and actionable insights for clients.
- You’re interested in machine learning and excited by the opportunity to get your hands dirty (or at least your trackpad:) building something from the ground up, delivering an amazing product and being part of a smart, hard-working, team of innovative entrepreneurs and media makers.
We’re an early stage firm, just completed funding and are moving beyond closed beta. We’re located in the heart of Venice in a one-of-a-kind space stocked with caffeine, a dog named Wesley and a steady stream of ocean breezes. Compensation range $40K – $55K, benefits and equity based on experience.
Reach out. We’d love to see some work you’re proud of, get your take on the future of social media, and hear more about what makes you tick and how you get sh*t done…
- You’re a Social Analyst with 2-3 years experience who is excited about machine learning and looking to play a pivotal role in the development of a first of its kind social technology platform.
- You’re fluent in one or more third-party social analytics platforms and can be insightful working with relatively limited data points and thinking outside the box.
- You stay up to speed on product and algorithm updates within each social channel and can educate our strategy team to integrate this knowledge into content recommendations.
- You pay attention to detail, communicate clearly and have the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion that will help move the needle.
About This Role:
- You’ll apply your expertise in social data analysis to develop daily, personalized social recommendations and actionable insights for our user base, with a focus on audience growth.
- You’ll build attribution models to identify and understand the impact of our recommendations and insights; plus formulate hypotheses and test them.
- You’ll contribute to the creation of our proprietary machine learning system, encompassing your analytical work and broader metrics from each social channel; plus digital, cultural, behavioral and socioeconomic trends, visual recognition technologies, etc.
- You’ll partner with Product/QA to incorporate key user learnings into successive builds and you’ll surface user success stories for content and campaign development.
We’re an early stage firm, just completed funding and are moving beyond closed beta. We’re located in the heart of Venice in a one-of-a-kind space stocked with caffeine, a dog named Wesley and a steady stream of ocean breezes. Compensation range $60K – $75K, benefits plus equity based on experience.
Reach out. We’d love to see some work you’re proud of, get your take on the future of machine learning + social media, and hear more about what makes you tick and how you get sh*t done…